Increase the capability of the United Way system to improve the quality of human life in North Carolina.
United Way of North Carolina is recognized as a respected and highly effective organization by its members within the United Way system, and its collaborating partners outside the United Way system. We are known as an instrumental force in ensuring that the United Way system in North Carolina is successful in addressing the essential human needs of our communities.
United Way of North Carolina recognizes structural racism and other forms of oppression have contributed to persistent disparities which we seek to dismantle. Our United Way network strives to engage and center community members, especially those whose voices have traditionally been marginalized. We work with public and private partners to co-create solutions that ensure everyone has the resources, support, opportunities, and networks they need to thrive. We commit to leveraging all of our assets (convening, strategic investments, awareness building, advocacy, evaluation) to create equitable communities.
Trusted leader, catalyst, facilitator, convener, coordinator, and collaborator on critical issues that affect the success of North Carolina United Ways.
- Progressive, adaptable and open to change
- Customer focused
- Representative and inclusive of the diverse population of our state, our supporters and our members
United Way of North Carolina is a state organization representing 52 North Carolina United Way organizations. Some of our major activities are as follows:
- Convenes United Way professionals and volunteers for legislative briefings, regional discussions, professional development and statewide “Spirit of NC” annual campaign award recognition.
- Provides technical, consultative and unified marketing services to member organizations.
- Promotes philanthropy and volunteerism, including partnership with The Atlantic Coast Conference to share the message across the ACC footprint.
- Advocates on behalf of health and human services in the North Carolina General Assembly and shares pertinent legislative news with members.
- Manages NC 211, a service providing health and human services information through a free statewide phone number 2-1-1; a website - nc211.org; and a real-time dashboard – 211counts.org