- NC 2-1-1
- News & Events
- System Support
- Contact Us
United Way of North Carolina is pleased to run the State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC). Through a long-standing partnership with the state of North Carolina, State Employees give millions of dollars each year to fund programs they are passionate about. SECC website
In the spring of 1996, under the leadership of then Commissioner Gene Corrigan, United Way of North Carolina and the ACC joined forces in an advertising campaign. At the time, it was the only such relationship at the collegiate conference level. The first campaign featured athletes from the nine conference members including: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Clemson, University of North Carolina, North Carolina State University, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia and Maryland and was managed by United Way of North Carolina.
“Having such a unique partnership with an organization that gives back to so many communities has been a blessing to the ACC. Over the past 16 years, this partnership has provided the opportunity for our student-athletes to showcase their on-going involvement in their local communities through the good works of the United Way. I truly believe that the ACC and the United Way will enjoy its partnership for many years to come,” said ACC Commissioner John D. Swofford.
Today, this unique partnership celebrates 14 years of success with more than 44 different spots created to showcase United Way and the 12 colleges in the conference.
Brian Gallagher heralded the ACC/United Way partnership, managed by United Way of North Carolina, as a national model for collegiate engagement.
Coast2Coast Rx Card
Your Prescription Savings Solution!
United Way of North Carolina joined in a partnership with Coast2CoastRx in the fall of 2012 to help fill a financial and medical void for individuals and families in need of prescription assistance. The United Way mission of helping improve lives parallel’s the Coast2Coast mission of providing a universe of prescription savings options while improving health outcomes. As prescription costs continue to increase, the new Rx card offers individuals the opportunity to save on their prescriptions and other health related services, while serving as a conduit to help increase positive health outcomes and financial stability for local communities. The Coast2Coast card has provided millions of dollars in savings on prescription drugs that directly impact not only consumers but the community at large.
Get Connected is a web-based solution that was developed with local United Ways to help nonprofits find and pair volunteers with the the right opportunities. United Way of North Carolina has partnered with Get Connected since 2011 as our prime volunteer opportunity solution that connects local United Ways and their communities with volunteers.
- Enables United Way and its agencies to easily advertise volunteer opportunities, in-kind needs, and spec events to the local community and beyond
- Allows members of your community to browse what needs exist and then register to be automatically notified when volunteer opportunities arise around their passions
- Builds a database of volunteers and provides your United Way with tools to easily communicate and engage with them based on their volunteer history and interests/skills
Benefits To United Way Offices & Their Agencies
Save Time & Money
- Drastically reduce staff time needed communicate volunteer needs
- Automatically place individuals with opportunities to serve
Increased Impact in the Community
- Build stronger relationships with your agencies
- Build stronger relationships with individual volunteers
- Better meet the needs of the community and meet MORE needs