United Way of the Cape Fear Area
Title: Director of Corporate Development
Reports to: President/CEO
Purpose of Position: Implement strategies focused on generating organizational resources. Provide ongoing leadership and supervisory direction to volunteers, RD team and key projects necessary to ensure successful execution of the annual plan and to meet the mission of the United Way of the Cape Fear Area. Create, manage and implement multi-year strategies focused on generating revenue through campaign management. Recruit, train and nurture volunteers. Work cross-functionally with all staff to support United Way as a whole. Provide leadership in developing and implementing creative strategies to attain annual goals. Emphasis is on retaining and growing donor support through relationship management and prospecting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be an actively engaged member of the senior team to achieve the organizational mission.
• Develop, execute plan of action and achieve revenue goals.
• Use data to analyze results and to plan and direct execution of annual campaign, including timeline, campaign and growth strategies.
• Build strong relationships with local CEOs and the business community. Provide primary staff support to key accounts.
• Assist CEO and board of directors to identify and recruit campaign chair.
• Recruit, lead and support campaign volunteers; partner with campaign chair to manage and share responsibilities to achieve goals.
• Develop and implement strategies to attract new donors and enhance relationships with current donors.
• Provide guidance, strategic planning, customized marketing and support to volunteer teams within partner companies.
• Work with Marketing and Communications to provide direction for key communication materials with an emphasis on building and enhancing donor relationships.
• Work closely with Community Impact and Investment Teams to drive the Community Impact agenda.
• Develop and maintain department budget.
• Supervise, support, motivate and hold accountable RD team.
• Coordinate awards recognition for workplace campaigns.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• United Way experience preferred.
• Minimum of three years experience in fundraising.
• Position requires strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
• Must have flexibility with schedule due to the workplace schedules.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and donor databases, ANDAR experience preferred; technical and analytical skills, and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
• Experience working both independently and within a team.
• Energy, enthusiasm and passion for the mission are a must.
Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Communications or other related field. Master degree preferred.
• Leadership; Communications; Visioning & Strategic Thinking; Strategic & Operational Planning; Problem Solving & Decision Making; Strategy & Product Innovation; Results Orientation.
• Relationship & Influence Management; Coalition Building; Relationship Management; Consultative Selling.
• Talent/Team Development & Management; Talent Selection, Development, Management; Team Leadership & Coordination.
• Continuous Learning & Self Mastery
If interested, email cover letter and resume to UWJobs@uwcfa.org
Deadline to apply is Thursday, August 18th 2017.
Position: Interim Executive Director
Reports to: Albemarle Area United Way Board of Directors
Position Description: The Interim Executive Director is the principal professional to the Board and its Chairperson of Albemarle Area United Way, an 11 county service organization.
Skills: The following skills are needed to successfully fulfill the duties/responsibilities of the Interim Executive Director’s position:
· Possess strong leadership and fund-raising skills
· Have aggressive visibility in the communities we serve
· Ability to work successfully and establish relationships with the business community
· Capability to serve as a liaison to partner agencies, non-profits, individual contributors and businesses to achieve campaign goals set forth by the United Way Board
· Strong managerial skills of a nonprofit with a small staff
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
Experience: A minimum of 3 to 5 years managerial experience. Fund raising skills preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are looking for a dynamic person to drive us to an exciting level of community participation and recognition with a desire to make Albemarle Area United Way the premier charitable organization in Northeastern NC. We are also asking the Interim Director to assist the Board with the search for a permanent Executive Director.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Position Summary: To oversee the AmeriCorps VISTA program and VISTA member team.
Key Responsibilities: Coordinate, recruit, interview, and screen potential AmeriCorps VISTA applicants.
Provide United Way orientation and VISTA Project orientation to all AmeriCorps VISTA Members and Site Supervisors.
Conduct team meetings to support AmeriCorps VISTA Members in their service assignment.
Serve as liaison between Host Agencies, AmeriCorps VISTA Member(s) and Wilson 20/20 Community Vision.
Submit programmatic reports to office in a timely manner.
Provide on-going site and member support as needed (on site visits bi-weekly / monthly / other, plus phone/email contact as necessary).
Assist Host Agencies, if requested, with the development of a plan for sustainability of on-going community support when AmeriCorps VISTA support is no longer available.
Support project evaluation requirements.
Participate in Host Agency site visits from VISTA - Americore officials, monitors and auditors, as applicable.
As needed assist with other general United Way operations.
Interview and match volunteers with community volunteer opportunities.
Staff the United Way information table at area institutions of education, health fairs, businesses, or other needed sites in order to market the use of United Way services.
Attend Volunteer projects that may occur on evenings or weekends.
Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Work, or related field.
Experience Required: AmeriCorp VISTA or similar experience preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Other Requirements: Individual must have a passion for improving lives and strengthening communities. Demonstrate ability to recruit, establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of United Way staff, as well as, diverse volunteers, donors, and community partners. Demonstrate superior skills in customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution, team building, public speaking, and time management.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, donors, customers, and volunteers. Must be able to speak and write in a clear and grammatically correct manner.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds; must be able to walk and climb stairs and perform fine motor skills.
Attendance and assistance required at occasional after hours functions. Some travel required. Individual must possess a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and car insurance.
About United Way of Wilson County, Inc. United Way of Wilson County, Inc. was organized in 1959. Operates with a staff of 3 full time and 1 part employees and works with hundrededs of volunteers. United Way of Wilson County, Inc. boasts a campaign goal of over $1.3 million and allocates to 25 non-profit agencies in the area of education, basic needs, and health.
United Way of Wilson County, Inc. serves Wilson County, NC
The organization has evolved from a force in fundraising, to a community solutions provider – connecting individuals to assistance through the NC 211 and the Wilson Crisis Center. Compiles BB&T Lighthouse projects to 2,000 Wilson County Employees. Promotes volunteerism through "Get Connected", and promotes community leadership and philanthropy through giving societies. Visit our website for more information. unitedwayofwilson.org resumes may be sent to: email@example.com.
Engagement Manager - United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County
If you love bringing people together so they can connect to each other, their community AND the issues they care about, then this position is for you.
This position has two main areas of responsibility – crafting segmented communications and event management. The Engagement Manager will:
- Build a strategy and write segmented communications that cultivate a sense of belonging, and inspire “next step” engagement choices among our donors and volunteers.
- Ensure that all events: social gatherings, educational forums, and volunteer projects, are designed and executed in a way that provides a powerful experience for attendees.
Read more details about the position and apply here. Deadline 6/16/17