Hurricane Dorian - September 2019
UWHelpsNC - Statewide fund estabished for donors to give to "where needed most", NC 2-1-1, or a specific United Way who are investing resources locally. This fund is managed by United Way of North Carolina and is offered to meet "immediate needs" following Hurricane Dorian.
Text to Give Option: UWHELPSNC to 41444
Register for Volunteer Opportunities - Individuals or groups of volunteers
Organizations providing supplies and/or Volunteers - Please complete this form if your organization is providing FREE services to individuals impacted by Hurricane Florence. Any forms received from individuals or work-for-hire teams will be deleted. All services will be shared with our NC Voluntary Organization Active In Disaster (VOAD) community and will be available to NC 2-1-1 callers.
United Way Specific Resources
Special Considerations for Natural Disasters:
- Crisis Prepardeness, Response and Recovery Guide
- A Guide to Establishing a Relief Fund
- Managing a Crisis/Disaster Fund
Media and Communication
General Public Resources
Stay connected with Duke Energy
For storm or power restoration updates, follow Duke Energy on Twitter (@DukeEnergy) and Facebook (Duke Energy) or visit us at our storm website: www.dukeenergyupdates.com.
- Visit www.dukeenergyupdates.com.
- Text OUT to 57801 (standard text and data charges may apply). If you haven’t registered yet, text REG to 57801.
- Call the automated outage-reporting system at 800-769-3766 for Duke Energy Carolinas customers and 800-419-6356 for Duke Energy Progress customers.
What do I do if I see a downed power line?
Stay safe and stay away from downed power lines. Customers and first responders should assume all of these lines are live. With a storm of this magnitude, we expect thousands of downed power lines. We will respond as quickly as possible, but we are urging caution because of the sheer volume of calls we expect to receive.
Call Duke Energy to report downed power lines:
- Duke Energy Carolinas - 800-769-3766
- Duke Energy Progress - 800-419-6356