- NC 2-1-1
- News & Events
- System Support
Fall Legislative Briefings
Hear an Overview of the North Carolina State Budget, Economic Forecast, and Issues Affecting Your Community & Add Your Voice to the Discussion!
This year United Way and the NC Budget & Tax Center are teaming up to share the story of the economy, the state budget and engage with you in discussion about the issues affecting your community. As part of the event, regional data will be presented to demonstrate the impacts being felt in local communities. When you leave, prepare to roll up your sleeves and put what you learned into action right where you live and work. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Information on North Carolina's economic recovery and how families are faring
- Overview of the state budget decisions and weather the state is making up need ground in education, financial stability and health
- Regional and local data on the economy and impacts of policy decisions
- Tools to make an impact on the issues you care most about
- Ultimately, this event will provide an opportunity to join with others to focus your local advocacy for the greatest outcomes.
Jill Cox; Government Relations and Communications Director, United Way of North Carolina
Alexandra Sirota; Director, NC Budget & Tax Center
December 13, 10:00-11:30; Madeline Suites at the University of North Carolina Wilmington hosted by United Way of the Cape Fear Area; RSVP - firstname.lastname@example.org